JST [Ages 14 & Under]
This program is for the younger rider who is serious about his/her snowboarding and exhibits a high level of dedication to their personal riding improvement. Training in all competitive disciplines (Giant Slalom, Slalom, Snowboardcross, Slopestyle and Halfpipe) will be offered. Cross training will be offered one night per week and will include video review, competition analysis and indoor trampoline sessions (additional facility fee expected for trampoline use). Riders will work with coaches to establish a competition schedule for the season to achieve an optimal balance between training and events. Riders will participate in the USASA Regional Series; stronger riders may participate in USSA Revolution tour.
- Minimum requirement: Expert riding ability, highly motivated to improve and desire to compete
- Coach approval required; Elementary school riders will be required to petition for this team
- Cross training sessions are scheduled for Tuesday evenings and will include video review, trampoline, weight training or conditioning
- Participants need snowboard equipment, helmets, and ski passes to Steamboat Ski Resort and Howelsen Hill
- Copper Mountain season pass recommended for events and training camps
|Junior Snowboard Team (JST)||2016/2017 Dates||Dryland||Location||On-Snow||Location|
|September 27–April 1||T, W & Th 4:00–6:00pm||Howelsen Hill||T-Th 4:15–6:15pm; Sa 9:00am-2:00pm||T-Th at Howelsen, Sa at Steamboat|
*During winter season, cross training session on Tuesdays 6:30-7:30pm at Howelsen Hill
2016/2017 Program Fees
Paid in full by Sept. 15, 2016: $2,750.00
Paid in full after Sept. 15, 2016: $3,300.00
Additional travel fees to be expected for training and competition trips.
Wax fees for the season included.
Work Deposit: $450.00 OR Charitable Contribution: $565.00
For more information on work deposits and charitable contributions click here.