Alpine U14 & U14 Plus [Ages: 12 & 13]
*Based on the age of your child on December 31st
In this program, the coaches help develop a technical base of knowledge and further the desire of the skiers to learn more about the sport of ski racing. Training includes skiing bumps, powder, trees, jumps, gates and steeps, equipment preparation and video analysis. Athletes begin to spend more time in gates learning tactics and managing speed in the race course. Skiers participate in the Steamboat Cup Series and in USSA Rocky Mountain Division competitions. The U14 Plus program is for the athlete who is interested in a full dryland program and one additional day of training during the winter. U14 Plus athletes are dedicated and motivated individuals that have a passion for skiing and training and love to compete. Participation in the dryland program is expected, but those playing fall sports are excused when practices or games conflict with training.
- Minimum requirement: Comfortable on all mountain terrain
- Participants should have and consistently maintain GS and slalom skis, properly fitted ski boots, and those choosing to compete in USSA racing must have a FIS-approved helmet for GS and super G (helmet must have a sticker that says conform to FIS specifications RH 2013)
- Competitive skiers will need super G skis*
- An equipment fitting and ordering session is scheduled for September 8
- Participants need ski passes to Steamboat Ski Resort with the night skiing add-on and to Howelsen Hill
- Skiers do not need a USSA license for the Steamboat Cup races, although a USSA license is required for the USSA Rocky Mountain Divisions
- The U14 age group is for skiers born in 2003 and 2004. 2002 year of birth skiers who want fewer days of training than the U16 program and do not wish to compete in divisional competitions may also join the alpine U14 program.
*SSWSC has an inventory of SG skis available to loan to athletes for the season based on availability, inquire with coaches. Athletes responsible for the maintenance of these skis during the season.
Alpine U14 Schedule
Dryland training: Wednesdays and Thursdays 4:00-6:00pm at Howelsen Hill, starting October 5 and running until regular on-snow training begins.
On-snow training: Tuesdays 6:00-8:00pm at Howelsen Hill, Thursdays 5:30-7:30pm at Steamboat Ski Resort, Saturdays 8:30am-3:00pm at Steamboat Ski Resort, Sundays 8:30-11:30am at Steamboat Ski Resort. Starts late October, ends March 26. Bonus training sessions offered during Christmas Break, Blues Break, and November 4, January 16 and February 10 for school days off.
Alpine U14 Plus Schedule
Dryland training: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 4:00-6:00pm at Howelsen Hill, starting September 6 and running until regular on-snow training begins. During the season, gym workouts on Wednesday nights.
On-snow training: Tuesdays & Wednesdays 6:00-8:00pm at Howelsen Hill, Thursdays 5:30-7:30pm at Steamboat Ski Resort, Saturdays 8:30am-3:00pm at Steamboat Ski Resort, Sundays 8:30am-3:00pm at Steamboat Ski Resort. Starts late October, ends April 9. Bonus training sessions offered during Christmas Break, Blues Break, and November 4, January 16 and February 10 for school days off.
Paid in full by Sept. 15, 2016: $3,350.00
Paid in full after Sept. 15, 2016: $4,020.00
Alpine U14 Plus
Paid in full by Sept. 15, 2016: $4,400.00
Paid in full after Sept. 15, 2016: $5,280.00
Additional travel fees to be expected for early season training in Summit County and for races.
Work Deposit: $500.00 OR Charitable Contribution: $625.00
For more information on work deposits and charitable contributions click here.